20080821

From car jacking to home hacking

I don't have any key.
I punch a code for the building, another for the appartment*. I can even implement fingerprint recognition if I fancy that. There's a jingle each time someone enters the building using that code. Every visitor is taped for 10 seconds, and I can (but don't) watch this reality TV channel from the living room or the kitchen screen, the TV, my mobile phone... Anyway, the said visitor can't escape the hundreds of CCTV cameras covering the block's "public" areas (over 40 per parking floor).
Welcome to "ubiquitous" Korea.
Don't ask me what happens in case of blackout or hacking.



* a RFiD card takes care of the parking access, another can spare me the building code.



No comments:

Copyright Stephane MOT 2003-2024 HOME - Today's wireless headlines - Korea wireless news - all posts (full list) - useful links - stephanemot.com (personal portal)
my books : "dragedies" - "La Ligue des Oublies"
my other sites : blogules - blogules (VF) - Seoul Village - footlog - Citizen Came - Copyright Stephane MOT 2003-2022